Saturday, July 28, 2012

37 of 70: Eagle Rock Golf Course, Edmonton, AB

View of the approach shot on the 9th hole


On Friday the 27th of July, I played the Eagle Rock Golf Course in Edmonton. As I was by myself, I was rather happy to join up with a young man named Clarke. We had a nice sunny day and the weather held up until late in the evening allowing us a full round. The course has suffered considerably from an above average amount of rain this summer and many of the fairways have large pools of casual water. In spite of that, the course is in pretty good playing condition. The greens are impeccable and the rolls true and predictable.


Eagle Rock is a championship course of moderate length playing at 6590 yards from the back tees and 5967 from the whites. The front nine has two rather short par fours of less than 300 yards. The back nine plays longer and has more treacherous water hazards. All the par 3's are fairly long and are consequently more demanding for the average golfer, making up for the short par 4's. I played rather well on the front nine, gaining some confidence in my game. I had one really bad hole on the back nine along with far too many bogeys. I still managed an 87 which was my best round in a long time.

Putting for par on the par 3 fifth hole.



No comments:

Post a Comment